The Medical Impact of Stress
Untreated chronic stress can result in serious health conditions including anxiety, insomnia, muscle pain, high blood pressure and a weakened immune system, contributing to the development of major illnesses, such as heart disease, stroke, depression, obesity and the potential spread of an individuals cancer via the lymphatic system.
The Economic Impact of Stress
Injuries and disabilities, medical, legal, and insurance costs, Workers’ Compensation awards, absenteeism, staff turnover –
all have stress related ties contributing to massive direct costs and diminished workplace productivity.
WORKPLACE STRESS IS RESPONSIBLE FOR AN ESTIMATED:
- 60% of workplace accidents
- 30% of short and long term disability
- 40% of staff turnover
In the US alone, stress costs employers an estimated $300bn each year.
Not surprisingly: 60% Of US CFO’s cited healthcare costs as their main financial concern.
The good news is: every $1 spent on health promotion and disease prevention delivers a $5 decrease in overall medical costs.
Corporate Wellness is a Large & Growing Market
US MARKET SIZE:
- 54 million employees in the US (+1,000 staff firms
- 90% of corporates have an existing wellness program
- Annual wellness spend $100-$500 per employee, US$4BN revenue potential
OBJECTIVE ASSESSMENT – THE BREAKTHROUGH!
Medibio’s patent pending technology provides the first objective measure of stress, providing a series of user and corporate dashboards for assessment and wellness partner interventions.
||No indication of stress or anxiety, no action required
||Some signs of stress, no action required
||Some signs of stress, action recommended
||Multiple signs of significant stress or anxiety, action required to prevent escalation
||Signs of significant stress, action required to prevent development of long term mental health problems
||Signs of extreme stress, immediate action required to prevent development of serious mental health problems
1 US Census
Wellness Partnership Opportunities
- Enables employees to monitor their personal stress levels
- Provides an early warning for people at risk
- Provides education, support, and intervention based on their identified stress level
- Provides the ability to conduct on-going monitoring to check progress
- Metrics on stress levels for job classes/types
- Reduced absenteeism and increased productivity
- Reduced claims and pressure on the health care systems
Digital Mental Health Platform
MEDIBIO INTEGRATES MARKET LEADING DEVICES AND SENSORS
- Connectivity provided by innovative, non-invasive devices and sensors including wrist based wearables including; Apple Watch, Fitbit Surge, Samsung Gear S2
- Provides “anytime, anywhere” secure access to diagnostics
- Cloud-based, Open API’s
- Scalable, HIPAA Compliant Platform
- CHR-based Algorithm Framework including Advanced Machine Learning
- CHR-based Data Analytics for Stress and Mental Health
- ECG (RR Intervals)
- Heart Rate (BPM)
- Sleep Staging