VP Business Health Business Unit, Savage MN
Job Reference Number: 2018-25
The VP Consumer Health Business Unit (VP CHBU) will be a product and business unit leader to take our mental health technology platform and technology and redefine mental healthcare for humans around the world. The VP CHBU will use creativity and passion to lead the strategic product and services pipeline development for Medibio’s Consumer Product Line.
The VP CHBU will partner with Medibio’s technology and clinical teams to develop the product feature set for concepts that will have a positive impact on the people struggling with mental illness. The VP CHBU develops marketing plans, pricing models, protocols for data to influence care paths, define how objective data improves individual outcomes and empowers humans to better manage their mental health.
The VP CHBU will lead business development initiatives to grow consumer opportunities, serve as the internal champion for customers, and combine in-depth knowledge of the market and customers with business strategy and financial analysis. This key position plays a significant role and is part of a company with a mission to change the way the world sees and treats mental health by establishing new care standards based on objective measures.
● Lead the Consumer business unit and be the key voice of the customer and business to ensure offerings and product enhancements are both differentiated and valued in the market.
● Must initiate new customer relationships.
● Must develop maintain and grow KOLs.
● Partner with customers, global partners and recruit field sales to develop and grow the pipeline of potential opportunities worldwide.
● Gather and maintain competitive intelligence, keeping the organization abreast of new product offerings, product development ideas and changes that can positively or negatively impact the organization.
● Lead the assessment of market and business opportunities for potential investments in new capabilities and market offerings.
● Analyze potential projects along strategic, clinical, technical, and financial vectors, completing analyses on-own and in collaboration with others to ensure highest-value projects are prioritized. Recommend both projects and the pipeline trade-offs required to achieve business goals.
● Prepare and present reports for the executive leadership team, which reviews new opportunities, providing clear recommendations for steady product cadence and gaining alignment for development of priority projects.
● Ensure approved solutions for future development are provided to internal stakeholders (such as Technology and Clinical, Quality and Regulatory) in a clear and complete manner, enabling development in-line with the initial value proposition.
● Lead and work cross-functionally to enact approved product development plans, partnering with the CTO and CMO to implement the pipeline road-map by setting strategy, goals, and individual projects while keeping the executive team apprised of progress and results.
● Bachelor’s degree, MBA with Product launch experience preferred
● 7+ years of experience in consumer healthcare marketing and sales
● Experience with product management in upstream or downstream marketing
● Experience working through ambiguity to a defined end, ensuring projects are capable of being implemented in the manner, budget, and timeline specified
● Experience working closely with internal stakeholders responsible for developing/implementing new offerings to ensure final outcomes are consistent with plans and expectations
● Experience using customer insight to shape and influence the development of the product and services pipeline
● Experience with market research, including conducting interviews, compiling findings, and turning insights into practical next steps
● Financial modeling and data analysis experience
● Project management and cross functional experience
● Start-up company experience
● Customer presentations and project management
● Contract negotiations
● Up to 50% travel (domestic and international)
Desired but not Required
● Technical aptitude, specifically in clinical software and solution development and/or the clinical environment would be ideal.
● Prior experience and comfort presenting to, working with, and negotiating with different layers of cross-functional management
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status or marital status or any other proscribed category set forth in state or federal regulations.