Senior Marketing Communications Manager, Savage MN, 2017-19
For too long mental health care has relied on subjective measures. That’s about to change. Medibio is forging the link between physiologic measures and mental state and this is your chance to join the company that will change the way the word looks at mental health, objectively.
The front line of changing the mental healthcare industry is full of challenges, but the rewards can be great. Our ideal candidate will thrive in our fast-pace, entrepreneurial environment where the stakes are always high. Working directly with company leadership means you’ll be ready for anything and everything. This is where your experience will guide you and help you successfully traverse the complexities of a publicly traded, highly regulated, startup environment.
This is your chance to help bring attention to one of the most widespread health conditions facing humanity; mental illness. Medibio is a mission and ideals-driven company with a global charter. Come and join this important journey by putting your ideals and passions to work.
The Senior Marketing Communications Manager (SMCM) is responsible for effectively generating awareness and interest in Medibio through a wide variety of consistent, strategic marketing and media programs. Having overall responsibility for all aspects of marketing communications, PR, trade events, media/social media, and website content, the SMCM will lead and manage direct reports across a variety of functions. While working closely with Medibio executive, regulatory and business development teams, as well as strategic external vendors, the SMCM will develop and execute marketing programs that effectively represent the company’s market activities and take an innovative, objective measures approach to mental health.
The SCMC supports the execution of targeted programs and campaigns to support product launches and ongoing marketing initiatives. Daily responsibilities include working with product marketing and sales teams to create audience-specific messaging and develop programs to promote the company, its products, as well as interfacing with external vendors (creative, print and fulfillment vendors, industry associations), and working with marketing and senior management to plan and execute events such as national sales meetings and industry conferences.
- Lead and manage the Marketing Communications team to support the business needs of the company
- Generate and maintain effective exposure of the company and build a positive reputation through marketing campaigns
- Ensure positioning, branding, and messaging are consistent throughout all communications
- Partner with internal teams to support marketing strategies and develop communication tools
- Strategically consult with the internal teams to recommend enhancements to improve marketing initiatives
- Partner with global business teams to execute campaigns specific for targeted marketing activities
- Lead and coordinate integrated communications and performance reporting across all owned, earned and paid media properties
- Establish, develop, and maintain strategic relationships with vendors and creative resources
- Manage vendor relationships to ensure on-going resources for print, PR, and others as needed
- Build and manage the marketing communications budget to support and prioritize media advertisements, national tradeshows and conventions, print fulfillment, sales meetings and incentive trips, and product launch support
- Subject Matter Expert and thorough understanding of products, industry, and customers critical to the mental health care space
- Manages expenditures, invoices and monthly forecasts to ensure the marketing budget is on track.
- Ongoing process optimization in marketing communications
- Travel 20-30%
- Bachelor Degree in Marketing, Communications or other relevant field of study
- 5+ years successful experience in marketing communications
- Previous people leadership experience preferred
- Experience managing external Vendors and creative resources
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Creative and critical thinking skills
- Ability to influence and negotiate both internally and externally
- Demonstrates ability to manage multiple projects across interdisciplinary functions and gain consensus/approval where needed
- Proven ability to lead, manage and support cross-functional/ international projects, prioritize & drive strategic objectives
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status or marital status or any other proscribed category set forth in state or federal regulations.